Joyful Awakening PLLC is a healing practice rooted in the vision of collective liberation and wellness. Our therapy is trauma-informed, anti-racist, queer/trans-affirming, neurodivergent affirming, fat/body positive, anti-ableist, anti-oppressive, magical and liberatory. We help people feel more well and free in their bodies.
We are hiring a Staff Therapist (LICSWA or LICSW) registered in Washington state to provide individual counseling services to adults This will start as a part-time employee position (10-19 clinical hours/week) with the opportunity to grow into a full-time (if desired), benefited employee position (20+ clinical hours/week).
We are looking for an applicant who:
- Holds Social Work licensure LICSWA or LICSW in Washington State. (Required).
- Is specifically looking for mentorship and support in the development of a trauma-healing, liberation rooted therapy practice.
- Practices from a social justice, anti-oppressive, anti-racist, liberatory lens and who has a deep thirst for the work of trauma healing.
- Has training in or is specifically interested in learning and practicing EMDR and/or Internal Family Systems (training and supervision provided).
- Does not identify as a CBT therapist.
- Practices from a strengths-based, non-pathologizing lens and has a desire to hold that perspective while preparing for licensure and learning diagnostic criteria (if relevant).
- Has a working understanding of interpersonal, developmental, collective and structural trauma/oppression and is thirsty for a deeper understanding of this.
- Cares deeply about intersectional/social justice and wants your social work practice to be in service of healing, liberation and wellness.
- Believes and practices that healing happens in relationship, at the pace of the body.
- Identifies (or wants to learn to work) as a somatic therapist and wants to include the body in your therapy practice.
- Loves nerding out about polyvagal theory and the relational neurosciences, wants to nerd out with your coworkers about this, and are craving a work culture that embodies these ways of being.
- Can provide strong references.
- Has availability to work virtually Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and/or Saturdays.
- Personal computer required.
- While we invite applicants wanting to grow in their practice and self-awareness, we ask that (for any privileged identities you hold) you have already done your own work to identify as fat/body positive, queer/trans affirming, neurodivergent affirming and anti-racist.
$20/hr administrative/documentation rate
$55/clinical hr, LICSWA
$65/clinical hr, LICSW
Flexibility on Wednesday, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Virtual to start.
Part Time Benefits include:
- Paid clinical supervision for LICSWA applicants
- Individualized mentorship/apprenticeship in the work of somatic, liberation-rooted trauma healing from a skilled trauma worker with over 20 years of clinical practice experience
- A predictable hourly wage for clinical hours
- Paid administrative time
- W2 employer-paid taxes
- Marketing & Referrals
- Paychecks every 2 weeks
- HIPAA-compliant telehealth platform for remote sessions
- HIPAA-compliant email access
- Liability insurance
- Part-time (10-19 clinical hours/week) to start, with the opportunity to grow into a full-time (if desired), benefited employee position (20+ clinical hours/week)
- Active support building your own private practice (if desired) after 2 independent licensure and 2 years of employment.
To express interest, send a cover letter and resume/CV to horizon greene, LICSW at email@example.com. Please include the following in your cover letter:
~What speaks to you about the mission of Joyful Awakening PLLC
~ Your theoretical orientation and what about your practice makes your heart sing
~ Your interest in an apprenticeship in the work of liberation rooted trauma-healing